Friday, August 12, 2011

I live in lee county florida. my rental agreement ran out 3 months ago.?

when i paid rent on the 13th month i asked the landlord if i needed to sign a new lease agreement he said he had to contact the "owner" and see if they wanted to renew or raise rent he would get back to me. he never did. now i have gotten a new position and need to move. my rent is paid through the end of the month and i want to vacate by the first but he is telling me i have to give him 3o days notice on the first of next month and therefore i have to pay him another months rent. is this true or can i move? he has already given me indication he is going to not return my deposit and says he has 30 days to decide how much if any he will keep. i told him there is nothing more then normal wear and tear in the dwelling he said that everyone argues what normal wear and tear is. im afraid he is trying to keep my deposit and get another months rent from me unfairly. what are my rights/ requirments under law? again my lease ran out 3 months ago and he hasnt bothered to have me renew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment